6.25.2015

Summer Must-Haves for Moms {Fashion Buying 101}

So this is my 4th summer as a mom and I think I'm finally getting the hang of having a summer routine. I have two boys, ages 1 and 3, and it seems like everyone's happiest when we've spent some time out of the house - particularly if there's water and popsicles involved! Here are some of my favorite picks for getting through the summer months with your kiddos - and you can find them all on your next trip to Target!

Summer Must-Haves for Moms























Toddler Batman Rash Guard, $12.00

My sons seem to have inherited my fair complexion and I'm always worried about them getting sunburned. For us rash guards have been a great solution, and Target seems to have the most inexpensive cute ones. I would buy one size up on this style - if it ends up being a little big, you'll be able to get an extra swim season out of it next year!

Toddler Girls' Rash Guard Set, $14.00

Usually you find more rash guards for boys than girls, but this girls' rash guard set is FREAKING ADORABLE. I love the extra sun protection without sacrificing style.


Perfect Beach Tote, $9.99

Last summer I found the PERFECT tote bag for lugging around our summer stuff. I'm not sure what I love more - that the see-through mesh allows me to find everything quickly and easily, or that the front pocket is deep enough to hold everything in when I inevitably drop it or tip it over. The bag's waterproof design is especially perfect for the beach or pool, and I used it for all our snacks for our cross-country road trip last summer. This giant bag is worth every penny at $9.99, but I've seen it on sale for $8 or on one of their buy-one-get-one promotions.

Babyganics Mineral Sunscreen, $9.99

So my oldest son takes after me in the fact that he is pale (see above: rash guard), but takes after his father in having super-sensitive skin. Around age 2 he started breaking out in a terrible rash every time I used sunscreen on him. I tried several different brands before buying this one from Babyganics, and he has not had one rash with it. It's mineral-based, and therefore a little hard to rub in at first, but it's tear-free and as far as I can tell it does it's job to keep sunburns at bay.

Simply Balanced Fruit Strips, $2.99

In the summer it is essential to keep snacks on hand while we're out and about. Granola bars are great but anything with chocloate is going to melt. I love these fruit strips because they have NO corn syrup and NO artificial dyes so I can feel good about the mcnuggets they had for lunch. They're also a safe bet for sharing at playdates and playgroups.

Contigo Striker Water Bottle, $9.99

My kids are always trying to steal my Contigo Addison water bottle so I finally got them their own water bottles. They're pretty leak-proof and dishwasher safe, but you shouldn't put any liquids but water in them. Ours have survived being thrown and dropped A LOT so they are my top choice for our summer hydration.

Room Essentials Sprinkler, $2.99

This last pick is more for the little kid crowd, but I can honestly say this sprinkler is the best $3 I've spent in a long time. My boys LOVE running through the sprinkler and at this price I can buy another next year if this one doesn't last. Another great pick for summer playdates!


*Prices listed are correct and items are in-stock as of the date of this post. Confirm prices and promotions before purchase. Remember you can almost always save at Target by waiting for sales, using coupons and/or Cartwheel, and saving 5% with your Target card.

{This post was in no way sponsored or associated with Target. Just an honest review from a Target-shopping mom.}


3 comments:

  1. Love this list, Sarah! Those rash guards are adorable. We love our Contigo bottles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have last year's beach tote bag and love it. We used it during the winter with all our winter gear and have now switched it out for summer gear. Though, I'm thinking it might need to be just a little bigger with three and at the same time considering buying another one so I don't have to switch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Great idea having two bags! I've been eyeing this blue color ever since I wrote the post -- hopefully they'll go on clearance and we can scoop them up even cheaper!

    ReplyDelete