2.28.2015

How to Wear Bright Jeans {Fashion Styling 101)

One of my favorite pieces in my closet right now is my turquoise skinny jeans. They may not go with everything in my closet since they are quite the pop of color, but I know that they are a pretty versatile and I can wear them in multiple seasons. Today I'll share two ways to wear bright jeans - one way to wear now for winter and wear later for spring.



The formula: bright jeans + long black tunic + patterned scarf + black boots
Why it works: The dark top and boots tone down the brightness of the jeans and add a bit of sophistication to the look as a whole. The scarf adds a pop of pattern without competing with the real star of the outfit. 
Sources:
Rockstar Jean, circa 2013 {Old Navy}
Irma Top, 2015 {LulaRoe}
Floral Print Scarf, circa 2011{DownEast Basics}
Riding Boot, 2014 {Macy's}



The formula: bright jeans + white lace top + metallic flats + metallic clutch + delicate necklace
Why it works: Lace is always on-trend and you can't go wrong with classic white. Metallic accessories tie it together and keep it fresh for spring. You can always mix metals, but try to keep it to two and use contrasting ones (like silver + gold or pewter + copper) If you're like me and need more coverage for the arms, throw on a boyfriend cardigan in a neutral color.
Sources:
Rockstar Jean, circa 2013 {Old Navy}
Lace Lover Tee, circa 2011{DownEast Basics}
Bow Clutch, circa 2011 {DownEast Basics}
Xhiliration Metallic Flats, 2014 {Target}
Silver Necklace, circa 2008 {Express, I think}

Some detail shots of this outfit:


and for your pinning pleasure:


No comments:

Post a Comment